Early settles to the town of Springvale were mostly from North Wales, and in the fall of 1845, they began to settle the area now known as "Welsh Prairie".
In 1849, the town was organized under the present name and the home of Edward Williams was designated as the place to hold elections. In that same year, Calvinist Methodists erected the first church in the town.
Springvale Township has ample water and good grazing and was considered good land for cattle. Although it has never had a population center, its proximity to surrounding towns has proved beneficial.
The Town of Springvale occupies a 41 square mile area and has a population of around 550 people. See this map of Springvale Township for more information.
Back to Government page